Monday, November 15, 2010

Sugar-free Me

My first step toward my goal is to wean myself off sugar for awhile.  I figure if I can keep from downing a Keebler Chip-tastic, or whatever they're called, every friggin five minutes, that should be good for a weekly pound of weight loss right there.  This week, I've sworn off desserts and sodas (or, as we say Down South, cokes.)  Next week, I'll add overly sweetened stuff, like store-bought yogurt cups and sech.  Then anything with added sugar.  I haven't decided if I'm going balls-to-the-wall and nixing white flour.  We'll see.
BTW, that brings me to recipe number one.  It's my second day sweetless, and I wanted something to calm my nerves, so I made a:

Banana Shake
Serves: 1

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk (raw, if you're into that)
1 banana, chunked (preferably frozen)
grate of nutmeg
sprinkle of cinnamon
few drops vanilla extract

Blitz the above in a blender until smooth and creamy.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment